Monday, July 20, 2009

Ever since I heard the route description from Harsha, I wanted to do cycling on the Harohalli – Jigani stretch. After reading the ride stories and routes & maps section, I set off at 6:30 a.m. on a morning ride. I had stuffed in 1 snickers & 1 Dairy milk to power-up me on the climbs. There were few vehicles on the road on Saturday morning and that helped me reach Yogavana hills, exactly at 7:30 a.m. (that was 1 hour of ride) and I was feeling good and had set into a nice rhythm. I stopped at Harohalli to refill water and I took the detour from the Kanakpura main road towards Jigani.





The cyclocomp read 38 kms at Harohalli. This time I had put my GPS on the job and it was tracking the route faithfully. There were 4 small climbs altogether. The first 3 climbs took me up by 50m and dropped me off and the last one was a 100 m climb. The Harohalli – Jigani stretch was very scenic and the roads were fantastic. Alas! I was on a mountain bike on such a good road, riding a road racer would have been awesome. Moment I hit, Jigani the traffic was too much. After having a small breakfast at Bannerghatta, I returned home at 10:50 a.m.

Trip Data:
Start : BTM 1st Stage (6:30 a.m.)
End : BTM 1st Stage (10:50 a.m.)
Distance : 85 Km
Average Speed : 22.3 Km
Total Ascent : 450 m

6 comments:

Prashanth Kota said...

Aha... Nice to hear from you again. Yes, the Harohalli-Jigani stretch is wonderful... I will remember that for a long time since it was my first century ride... The last climb @ uraganadoddi is amazing.

Did you get a chance to see any sun-flower fields?

More Photos please...

moving quote moving said...

Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

sanki said...

hi friends im sanketh from sagar, i would like to pedal from sagar to new delhi..any suggestion from u people..
my num is 9945710186.

Belgaum flats said...

Hi, it's great achievement and cycling. property in belgaum , about bengalore real estate new available at gruhkhoj.com

Unknown said...

Thanks, Nice information shared.I am looking forward to MTB Himalya Cycling events this year, MTB shimla flagging off on 12th April 2014.

PSR Enthrals said...

The day outing in Bangalore clarifies that it makes life happy and enjoyable. There are plenty of challenges that you need to overcome with a fresh mind. It becomes easier for everyone. Explore the best essence of the day outings in Bangalore today!